Is available for download
What is CHy e-Board?
The CHy e-Board is a virtual space where the Commission for Hydrology (CHy) community posts information of interest.
Appropriate posts for the CHy e-Board include communications from the President, documents for discussion, announcements of forthcoming meetings etc, related to the work of the Commission for Hydrology.
Guidance on Environmental Flows, Integrating E-flow Science with Fluvial Geomorphology to Maintain Ecosystem
Call for PhD Applications: PhD in Understanding and Managing Extremes at Scuola Universitaria Superiore IUSS Pavia
Call for PhD Applications, deadline 14th March 2019:
PhD in Understanding and Managing Extremes at Scuola Universitaria Superiore IUSS Pavia
The UME PhD aims to train graduates and professionals with strong scientific and professionals capabilities, aware of the cultural, technical and management contents related to the understanding and management of the extreme situations caused by natural disasters.
The course is organized into two curricula:
- Hydrological, Weather, Geological, Chemical and Environmental Risk (main topics: hydrology, meteorology, climatology, climate change, soil and atmospheric physics, fluid mechanics, environmental monitoring, chemical risks)
- Earthquake Engineering and Engineering Seismology (main topics: seismology, geophysics, geology, geotechnical behavior of materials and structures, structural analysis, design of new structures and assessment existing structures)
The course will be held in English. Grant amount is about 15300 € per year.
The selection interview can be held remotely via teleconference.
The CHy-Ext Pre-session discussion is open to all Hydrological Advisers, CHy and OPACHE members, Regional Working Groups on hydrology members, and everyone interested in international cooperation in hydrology and water resources management.
You will find more information about the CHy-Ext Pre-session discussion in following letter from the President of the Commission for Hydrology
The Global Conference for Prosperity through Hydrological Services (HydroConference) aims to foster collaboration on improving the availability and use of hydrological services worldwide by:
- Promoting collaboration for new and ongoing initiatives, including the establishment of data exchange;
- Leveraging the knowledge and expertise of the full range of water stakeholders to coordinate efforts towards greater impact; and
- Mobilizing public and private sector leaders to leverage support for key initiatives.
For more information please visit: http://hydroconference.wmo.int/en